Literally translated to "fried sauce," this black bean sauce over udon is a quick way to bring the experience of a Korean noodle shop to your home table.
15 oz udon noodles
1/2 cup black bean sauce (I personally like Lee Kum Kee's)
4 oz pork loin, cubed
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 onion, diced
8 oz cabbage, shredded
1/2 small cucumber, sliced into straws
1/2 tomato, diced
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoons canola oil
- Over medium heat, mix together the canola oil and black bean sauce.
- Stir in the pork, onion and cabbage. Over high heat, stir fry until almost completely cooked.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Stir in corn starch and remove from heat.
- In another pot, boil udon noodles and strain.
- Serve the sauce over the udon and garnish with tomatoes and cucumbers.
Serve hot. Yields 3.